About the Firm
Michael Shane Welsh is an Atlanta Attorney Dedicated to Helping Clients Protect Their Rights
Michael has a long history of positive outcomes in mediation, tax dispute resolution, business litigation, real estate litigation, family law and criminal defense.
When facing a claim that needs mediation or arbitration, or one involving IRS tax liens, a contract dispute, condominium law, a criminal charge or an emotional family law dispute, qualified counsel can help protect your rights. Whether your case involves a lawsuit, real estate, a divorce or a DUI, an experienced attorney will help you achieve the best possible outcome. At Welsh Law, LLC, I have helped clients in Atlanta and the surrounding areas obtain positive results in these matters since 1993. I am dedicated to understanding your unique legal needs, protecting your interests and pursuing a fair and just result in your case.
We offer skilled advocacy with a personal approach
The stakes are high in cases involving your rights, your home, domestic disputes or criminal charges. If you are in one of these situations, you need an attorney who understands that and will work to achieve the best possible outcome. As my client, you receive the benefit of my:
- Responsive representation — You will be known by your name, not your case number, at Welsh Law. I will return your calls, answer your questions and consult with you before taking action. I am dedicated to meeting your legal needs in every aspect of your case.
- Strategic focus — Any legal case, whether civil or criminal, has a wide range of possible outcomes. I provide an honest evaluation of your case and focus on the legal strategy that will best protect your rights and interests. I am determined to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Established reputation — In some cases, an out-of-court resolution is an appropriate and cost-effective solution. But the best negotiator can’t be truly effective in settling a case without solid litigation skills. My reputation as a skilled courtroom advocate makes my opponents more amenable to settlement.
When the legal stakes are high, you can count on my responsive and determined representation of your rights and interests.
Areas of Practice
Michael is mediator and an arbitrator of all types of claims, including family law, tax dispute resolution, condominium litigation, and small business litigation. He is also a lawyer with a practice in family law, tax dispute resolution, and criminal defense.
I offer skilled legal representation to clients throughout all counties in metro Atlanta in matters involving:
- Mediation/Arbitration - I can mediate claims in and out of court, before suit or after, with attorneys or without. I have had a lot of success in bringing cases to settlement in formal and informal settings. Mediation/Arbitration - Schedule a Mediation
- Family law — I offer effective negotiation strategies to streamline the family law process and keep legal costs down. This approach allows you to get on with your life as soon as possible.
- Divorce — From helping you make an informed decision about the grounds for pursuing a divorce action to representing you in the entire legal process, I am dedicated to assisting you through this difficult life change.
- Child custody — Child custody determinations are made based on what is in the child’s best interests. I will spend the time to understand your family’s needs and develop a careful legal strategy.
- Child support — If you have concerns about how child support is calculated in your case or need help with modifying or enforcing an existing child support order, I will advocate for your rights.
- Tax Dispute Resolution - We have successfully resolved and settled tax liens, worked out repayment terms, and negotiated offers in compromise with the IRS for more than 15 years.
- Condominium Litigation — Litigation involving claims or defenses arising out of condominium ownership can be complex. You need someone who understands the law in this area and will fight to enforce that law as it relates to your home ownership. Every case is unique, but we will fight for an efficient and effective solution based on the facts and circumstances of your case.
- Criminal defense — An experienced criminal defense attorney can mitigate the negative consequences of a criminal charge. I provide representation to clients facing felony and misdemeanor charges of all kinds.
- DUI — Defense of a DUI charge may include challenges to the reason why you were stopped or to the test itself. I will develop the best strategy based on the facts and circumstances of your case.
- Immigration - We handle all types of immigration matters, from change of status to deportation/removal proceedings, including asylum petitions and visa applications.
- Deportation/Removal Defense
- Asylum Petitions
- Advocacy before the USCIS and Immigration Court
With more than twenty-six years of courtroom experience, I offer knowledgeable advice and strong advocacy to clients seeking help in any of these areas, and I begin by offering a free initial consultation so you can have confidence moving forward.
Contact us for a free initial consultation
At Welsh Law, LLC, I have helped clients throughout the Atlanta area reach positive outcomes in their family law, tax lien, and criminal matters. To learn how I can help you, please call 470-474-1058 or contact me online
to schedule a free initial consultation.